Monday, June 23, 2008

While we were sleeping.........


At 9:05am Tanzania time (12:05am Saskatoon time) Dustin and Dale made the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro. They tried to call a few times but as you can imagine reception on the top of the African world can include a little static. I could hear them but they could not hear me. Dustin wasn't able to dial out from then on, so it was a few short text msgs to let me know that they had made it, and he would call me later tomorrow. 6 out of 11 trekers made it to the top, while the others had to unfortunately head down due to AMS related illness'. Exhausted but proud, they were heading for some well deserved rest. I can't wait to hear from him tomorrow and I'll let you know how they're doing.

Resting a little easier,

Stacey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Dad and Dustin. Glad you both made it, I wish I was there with you guy's. Can't wait till you get back and hear your stories and I'm sure a lot of pics!!! Pierson is really excited also, he's telling everyone he sees, "grandpa and uncle Dustin climb mountain", and those are people he doesn't even know!!!

Love Jeff