Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bring on the safari!



I received a phone call this morning from Dustin at 2:30 am Saskatoon time. They had already made it down Mt. Kilimanjaro and were just descending into the rain forest heading back into the village for some well deserved rest. Unfortunately the conversation was breaking up terribly and the delay was almost 10 seconds. (It feels much longer when you don't realize there's a delay and for a split second you think he's not getting your jokes) In the afternoon I was able to talk to Dust once more this time the reception was so much better but they delay was still there. It was a short conversation to let me know that they were just finishing packing and heading to bed for an early rise to begin their last leg of their adventure : the safari!! Sounds like a pretty amazing way to end a pretty amazing adventure, I am starting to picture the photos they'll take and I know they'll be breath taking. This will be my last entry on Dustin's behalf, I am heading to Manitoba for a few days. I know what you're thinking!!! Manitoba is so much cooler than Africa. I know, oh my I know. Well I can't wait to see what else Dustin will add to this blog, but its been a blast to relay his news to you guys! Have a safe trip home boys! I can't wait to see you both.
Much Love,
Stace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great and wonderful achievement. Enjoy your well deserved rest and have fun on the Safari. Art & I are heading back up to the lake tomorrow.

Weather here is sunny and the temp is 21 degrees C.