Sunday, May 25, 2008

Winding My Training Down

After the seed was planted 3+ years ago, planning began 9 months ago, and training 5 months ago I'm now only days away. I was actually due to finish my strenuous training by running a leg of the Saskatchewan Marathon this morning, but a little cold took that off the table. Better now than a week from now!

With five months of training behind me, I'm now just trekking with my pack. I'm actually at a point now where I'm a little concerned with a last minute injury, but fortunately, the real prep is done.

Now it's getting the last of the gear together, tying up all the loose ends, and getting some rest. I'll be 1/2 way across the world in no time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dustin,

Just checking up on you. We hope your cold goes away real quick. I'm heading back to the lake tomorrow and Art to Vancouver until late Friday. I'll check and see how you're doing next time I'm in town. Take care and God Bless.

Denise W.

hitman said...

Well guys it's close to take off. We're going to be back here cheering you on with the thoughts your both safe and having a great time. Take lots of photos and somehow stay in touch while there to let us know how your journey is going

Brett & Helena Hart