Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Training Update

Well the countdown is on and instead of months, we're talking in weeks now. I'm down to about 3 weeks of serious training left before winding things down before I leave. I have upped my cardio & resistance training steadily, and will be adding a lot of hiking hills with weight as well. Gotta prep the knees for the beating they'll be taking... as best as I can in the flat Saskatchewan we all know. Finally more focus on my abs to be sure they'll be able to handle the extra weight being put on my back day in and day out.

My weight (or lack thereof) has been an issue I've been concerned with since the the first stages of planning, but I'm very happy to say that I'm up about 5lbs (2.25kg) or so up on my normal weight. This puts me right about where my target was that I had set out at the beginning... which is great! Now I'm happy to say that I'm now both bone AND muscle hah! Achieving this has been quite the challenge, and the new one is to make sure it sticks around before leaving.

No comments: