Monday, February 4, 2008

Prelude to a Journey


As many of you know, I'll be off to Tanzania in June of this year for what really may be the trip of a lifetime. Over the following months, I'll be using this site to provide a window into the preparation required, the people of Africa & Tanzania, and what it all means to me. Following the trip I will have photos to post, stories of my experiences and the people involved. There may even be some updates while I'm away.

The original idea behind this trip was a climb of Mt Kilimanjaro (5895m (19340ft), the tallest mountain in Africa. Obviously though, you need to make the most of your time 1/2 way across the world, so we've also planned a climb of nearby Mt. Meru (4566m / 14980ft), and to finish it all off, some time in the Serengeti & Ngorongoro National Parks. I'll be filling in some information about these places over the next few months as well.

In the meantime, I've been preparing my gear, working on getting my conditioning in order, and in what has been the toughest for many to swallow... working VERY hard to gain some weight.

Stay tuned, I'll be popping up new info often.

::

No comments: