Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just a Temporary Setback...

Well over the past couple of weeks I've been down for the count with the flu, and then a bout with bronchitis. I'm only now just getting back up and running with work after two and a half weeks away. This has also meant I've had to cease training for the time being as well, which really is too bad because I was just getting into it. The good news is that I have a lot of clients in the medical field making sure I'm getting my rest, drinking my fluids and taking it easy. :)

The warmer weather is a good sign of things to come, and I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove of things. So far my training has consisted mostly of:

Cardio:
- Recumbent bike
- Elliptical Machine
- Snowshoeing (With Backpack & 20lbs)
Weight Training (Bowflex)
Stretches, hiking-specific exercises, etc etc

With the spring fast approaching, I'll be moving outdoors for more activities and a few challenges before Tanzania. I'm planning for a 10km or 1/2 marathon in May, and also a few days in the mountains at altitude in the weeks before we leave.

... but for now, it's just rest, fluids and taking it easy to get back to 100%

::Dustin

No comments: